Friday, January 2, 2009

Just Breathe, It finally OVER!!!

Just call me a big Grinch, but I am so glad that all the holiday stuff is gone and done with. My family always teases me because I have never truly enjoyed Christmas. In fact most years growing up I would cry over something. I think most of the time it was simply because I was too tired from all the holiday hoopla that I never could really enjoy the holiday. Even without my sister Kim waking up the family in the middle of the night to see want Santa brought, still to this day Christmas WEARS ME OUT!!! This year I really felt like I was running a marathon. Funny huh, just image me running. It feels as if the tree was just put up and now its time to take it down again. Still we had a very nice Christmas. Ryan's Aunt sent me card with a message that truly hit home, she wrote, "the greatest gift this year won't be those wrapped under the tree, rather it will be the one trying to unwrap the gifts." What a true statement, this was the first year since we've been married that we truly enjoyed Christmas. Lexie really didn't get what was going on but she went with it! We had a very Merry Christmas.

4 comments:

nielsens said...

I am kinda with ya on this one Mindy. Christmas wore me out this year too. Lexie looks like she got some really fun stuff though.

The Ricks Clan said...

Thank Heavens the holidays are over. And the mess is put away.

Will+Krys said...

awww I love her pink little "car" cute! I'm starting to hate Christmas too! With 5 kids it's getting way to expensive! If you ever need any help with Lexie let me know I stay at all all day everyday.....and have nothing to do :)

Will+Krys said...

"I stay at home all day" cant type