So, despite Ryan's honest efforts Mattie, our poodle, is home from the vets and is doing well. Everyone that knows me is aware that Mattie has been my "child" for six years. I have spoiled her so rotten that Julie (her previous owner) refuses to take her back! She sleeps with me, eats with me, and she thinks that she needs to go everywhere I go. Mattie has been replaced and it has been a difficult adjustment for her and us. She is no longer the one and only, and now at times is just a complete annoyance. In addition she is absolutely horrible with kids. She has bit our babysitters, our friend's children and growls at Lexie. For months Ryan has been threatening to find her a new home. He's even tried bribery. His terms where this; If I get rid of Mattie he will HIRE someone to lay new carpet upstairs.
Last week Mattie became ill. She would no longer beg at the dinner table, wouldn't bark at our Chocolate Lab Libbie, and basically remained on the couch 24/7. After a week of watching her health decline, I decided that I had better take her to the vet. On Wednesday I dropped her off on the way to work. I was told that she had an infection in her Uterus and would need to be Spayed. I consented and also asked them to clean her teeth while they had her under anesthetics. A few hours later the vet called and told me that I was looking at $500.00 in expenses with the teeth cleaning. They had opened her up and the infection was more severe than anticipated and she would need a couple of days at the vet's with IV antibiotics. Then in hesitation I told the vet about her aggressive behavior towards children and my need to get rid of her. She then said for $37.00 I could have her put to sleep easily and she would never know. I started to cry and told her I'd call her right back after talking to Ryan.
He of course said to go ahead and do it. I told him that I couldn't call and tell them to kill my poor Mattie and he would have to make the final call. I had a complete break-down at work and left the hospital in tears. WHAT DRAMA! I headed over to the vet clinic only to find Mattie waking up from surgery ALIVE. Ryan hadn't called, and Mattie is now home and back to herself. DOES ANYONE WANT A POODLE??????
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment