Thursday, December 10, 2009

Meet Preslie Ryan Williams


On October 27 our sweet baby girl, Preslie Ryan Williams, was born. She weighed in at 7 lbs 7 oz. and measured 20 inches. She was born at 38 weeks, and I was more than ready to deliver her. I guess I expected to have her at 37 weeks like I did with Lexie and I was sick and tired of being pregnant. I convinced my doctor to induce me. I was so excited to meet her for the first time. The night before her birth I could not sleep at all. I laid awake for awhile and at 1 o'clock I decided to get up and read. As soon as I got settled down and engrossed in the book the power went out. I was so upset and so worried that I wouldn't be able to shower in the morning and that I wouldn't be able to get the car out of the garage. Or even worse I thought they might cancel the induction. Finally at around 4 o'clock the power came back on. I still couldn't sleep. So with little sleep I headed in to the hospital. I drove myself so Ryan could stay home and get Lexie ready to go to Jodie's for the day. When I got to the hospital they started my induction at around 10 o'clock my water spontaneously broke the labor was progressing nicely I thought things would be smooth sailing from there. Boy, was I wrong! After two epidurals and an emergency c-section I was finally able to see my baby girl. She was perfect. We only got a few pictures at the hospital. I think probably due to the stress of the day and the fact that the only visitor that we had come to the hospital was Grandma Nielsen. The hospital had restricted visitors because of the flu season so I had told everyone to wait until we got home. Our hospital stay was only a day long because there was no more room left in the inn.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: