Sunday, December 13, 2009

Terrible Twos Are Made Official, Lexie Has A Birthday!

Lexie's birthday this year lasted almost all week! Her birthday landed on Thanksgiving this year. She was only able to open a couple of gifts on her official birthday, one from her mom and dad, and another from Aunt Mindi (and Uncle Jeff). I don't know how but Mindi always knows exactly what to buy Lexie. This year she gave her a Hannah Montana doll. Lexie loves it! She carries it around, saying "Hannah," when she can't find her she puts her arms up in the air and says, "where's Hannah?" Its not that she likes Hannah Montana but its because her favorite babysitter is named Hannah. We waited to open the rest of her gifts a few days later and had a small party with family and friends. Lexie owes her Grandma and Grandpa Nielsen a huge Thank You for helping her Mom pull it off. When you have a newborn and a two year old in your home you never have enough time to get things done. My days prior to the party just didn't work out as planned. Needless, the Sunday of her party I had a long list of things that had to be done. Our house was a mess, the cake was only half finished, the gifts weren't wrapped and I still needed to make Soup and Sandwiches. I had almost decided to call everyone to tell them the party was canceled. After Church with just 3 hours to spare I called my parents in frustration. They rushed down and we were able to get everything ready. Lexie was spoiled by everyone. The next couple of days she walked around telling me she had a birthday!




















No comments: